2023 is already knocking at the door, and if you’re like me, you may feel like 2022 has gone by in a flash. Before marching full speed ahead into the New Year, I’d like to take a moment to share a few things I’m thankful for this year.
Gratefulness for the ongoing support of our members is always first and foremost. Your support helped us achieve another year of strong financial growth while also providing critical funding, settlement, payment, and digital solutions. Our financial performance in 2022 was exceptional, and we are projecting total perpetual contributed capital (PCC) dividends paid during 2022 to be $5.6 million. This amount marks the highest PCC dividend distribution in Corporate One’s history.
Along with this bonus dividend, we were able to provide value to our members in many other ways this year while also making investments and building our capabilities in immediate payments, a crucial area of focus for the benefit of our members both now and in the future. In addition to these things, I’m also thankful for the following:
- Our proficient, knowledgeable board of directors. Each one is dedicated to Corporate One’s strategic vision, allowing us to continue to be a valued partner for our members. In fact, we expanded the expertise of our board this year when we welcomed two new members to Corporate One’s Supervisory Committee: Lori Klumpp, CPA, and chief financial officer at L&N Federal Credit Union; and Tasha Kostick, CPA, senior vice president and chief financial officer for 1st Northern California Credit Union.
- Our partners at the national, state, and local levels. They help us embrace opportunities to champion, support, and fund ongoing efforts that advance our industry and further engagement with credit unions across the country.
- The 28 new members that joined us in 2022.
- New appointments as a member of two of The Clearing House’s (TCH) committees: the RTP Advisory Committee and the RTP Business Committee. Serving on these committees will allow us to continue our leadership in the real-time payments arena on behalf of credit unions.
- The launch of our unified cash and treasury management tool, Member$MART+. Members now have one convenient place to diversify their investment and funding portfolios while also managing their Corporate One accounts.
- All the ways we helped educate and prepare credit unions to make important decisions about immediate payments solutions and strategies. We featured real-time payments at 17 industry-related events, including hosting seven RTP forums for our members. Additionally, we presented on immediate payments at 15 conferences and three live webinars.
- Receiving the ePayResources Innovation in Payments Award, honoring exemplary leadership in the advancement, implementation, or promotion of electronic payments.
Overall, 2022 was another outstanding year for Corporate One and its CUSOs marked by many successful achievements for the benefit of our members. I’m looking forward to the many opportunities 2023 presents. On behalf of everyone at Corporate One, thank you for continuing to support your corporate partner, and we wish you all the best for the New Year.